Published on May 29th, 2013 | by Hale Yeah0
Top Ten Answers to Questions Asked of Derby Skaters Traveling to Tournaments
10. Yes, ma’am, those are all real tattoos.
9. If it smells like feet, that’s my bag, if it smells like wet dog, that’s my teammate’s.
8. Yes, we all came in that car.
7. Seven. Though admittedly you’re not supposed to have more than four in a room.
6. Yes, the nearest liquor store. But if my captain asks, I’m asking where the nearest Vitamin Shoppe is.
5. Well, I usually wear long-sleeved shirts to work, so my boss doesn’t see them.
4. No, not really, just derby married. It means … no, I mean, yes. But … no, we’re just really good friends.
3. No, we’re not almost there yet, and I’ll turn this car right around!!!
2. No. On quads. Like, old style roller skates. And without all of the fake fights.
1. All weekend. And it is going to be GLORIOUS.
Latest posts by Hale Yeah (see all)
- Top Ten Tips for Attending the B&T Roller Derby World Cup - December 3, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Varla Vendetta - July 5, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Buster Cheatin - June 27, 2014