Published on March 14th, 2013 | by Trigger Mortis0
Trigger’s Lo-Cal Caprese Salad Recipe
Only have a short amount of down time between work and derby practice?
This is a VERY quick and easy light lunch or dinner idea for us picky but lazy bitches that want good tasting, lo-cal food NOW!
This is one of my favorite new, low pressure recipes.
(Makes one serving – approx. 265 calories including the dressing!)
•4 Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese (2″ square slices, 1/8″ thick)
•4 red vine tomato slices 1/8″ thick
•2 teaspoons sliced black olives
•2 Tablespoons of Trigger’s Bitchin’ Reduced Calorie Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing*
•4 fresh basil leaves
1) Plate the four tomato slices.
2) Put a mozzarella square on top of each tomato slice. If you don’t have squares, shredded is fine, but don’t go over 2oz. or your ass will get fatter
3) Top each piece with basil. Dried basil will work in a pinch.
4) Spoon the sliced black olives onto the center gap between the tomatoes.
5) Drizzle Trigger’s Bitchin’ Reduced Calorie Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing* onto the dish.
6) Shove it in your face hole and thank me.
*The dressing is easy to make – I bought a plastic picnic mustard bottle with a closable spout, poured the following into it:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/8 cup of water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp honey
Shake the hell out of it. Makes about 3 servings of dressing.