Published on March 26th, 2013 | by Hale Yeah0
Top Ten Apps Roller Derby Skaters Would Buy for $.99
10. An app that reminds you to remove your gear from your bag, that includes a wailing siren if you dismiss it for longer than 2 hours.
9. An app that wipes clean any photos from the after party that really, really shouldn’t have been taken.
8. An app that details the type of floor and best wheel assessment for every rink worldwide.
7. An app that surreptitiously reminds you to hydrate, that your rivals are working out right now, and that you should probably call your folks more often.
6. An app that disables all other game apps when you should be re-reading the WFTDA rules app.
5. An app for traveling that lets you know when you’re within 30 miles of a team’s practice so that you can drop in.
4. An app that plays a siren until you confirm that you indeed have your skates, mouth guard, and every piece of gear before you leave for a bout.
3. An app that details where every single bout of every single team can be found online.
2. An app that can be shared with friends on the ins and outs of derby, and how actually there is no hair pulling or fighting anymore.
1. An app that reminds you how awesome you are, how you have an amazing team, and that you should probably skate lower than you do… still.
Latest posts by Hale Yeah (see all)
- Top Ten Tips for Attending the B&T Roller Derby World Cup - December 3, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Varla Vendetta - July 5, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Buster Cheatin - June 27, 2014