Published on October 18th, 2012 | by Hale Yeah0
Top Ten Reasons Why “Gateway to the Best” Will Be Amazing
10. No conflicts. This weekend has no WFTDA Championships, the St. Louis Rams have a bye week, and even the St. Louis Blues halted the start of the NHL season for it!*
9. Last year: 1 day, 6 teams. This year: 2 days, 8 teams. That’s 133% more jeggings!
8. For $30 you get a ticket to 11 bouts, meanwhile a ticket to 11 movies in most places will run you $112.75.
7. More beards than the Lumberjack World Championships!
6. There are two days of derby, and four days of partying (including the After-After Party on Monday morning from Midnight-3:00AM.)
5. They will bruise on the track, sweat on the dance floor, and call each other “Reginald” and “Thurston” during the swanky Derby Art show at the Meet and Greet on Friday night.
4. For those too far from St. Louis to get there, say hello to your FREE streaming feed on DNN!
3. Anyone with anosmia will greatly enjoy time joking and talking by the locker rooms for hours on end!
2. MRDA follows the same rules as WFTDA which you know and love .. or um.. know and know.
1. Top 8 men’s teams battling to see who is truly Best on the flat track. How could it not be?!?
*Someone obviously forgot to tell the St. Louis Cardinals to tank late in the season.
Latest posts by Hale Yeah (see all)
- Top Ten Tips for Attending the B&T Roller Derby World Cup - December 3, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Varla Vendetta - July 5, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Buster Cheatin - June 27, 2014