Published on July 27th, 2012 | by Hale Yeah0
Top Ten Things You Won’t Overhear at RollerCon by Hale Yeah
By Hale Yeah
10. I love wearing pants!
9. I was going to attend the Rose City v Denver bout, but I heard about this great buffet just down the strip!
8. Sure they have Team Riedell vs Team Antik, but where is Team Inline?
7. Forget this derby nonsense – Celine Dion in concert, here we come!
6. I have to go back to my room for a jacket, I have this terrible bruise I don’t want to show anyone.
5. Because its hot in Las Vegas, I made sure not to pack any black shirts.
4. I thought this was roller derby? Where’s all of the hair-pulling?
3. I just overheard a bookie saying to bet heavy against Team USA.
2. After party? No, sorry. I have go to bed by 9:00 or else I’m useless the next day.
1. I would post about the great time we’re having here, but I don’t want to make anyone jealous.
Hale Yeah has been a roller derby photographer since 2009 and has been very fortunate to cover such teams as Gotham, Garden State, and the Jerzey Derby Brigade. His introduction to the sport came through Lawless Lizzie and a broken leg that kept him from his other skating love: playing ice hockey. He enjoys writing, acting, and making people laugh.
This is an entry in Derbylife’s first-ever Writing Contest! To enter, check out the details here.
Latest posts by Hale Yeah (see all)
- Top Ten Tips for Attending the B&T Roller Derby World Cup - December 3, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Varla Vendetta - July 5, 2014
- World Cup Retrospective: Team USA’s Buster Cheatin - June 27, 2014