Published on June 15th, 2012 | by Trigger Mortis0
Trigger’s Guiltless Breakfast Tacos
by Trigger Mortis, Assassination City Roller Derby
The best thing about these tacos (besides the yumminess) is that they are salt and butter free, so you can happily swish your sassy butt around practice, knowing you didn’t add any cellulite to it this morning.
-olive oil spray
-two large eggs (like the ones you imagine you have while you’re jamming)
-1/2 cup of chopped frozen (for shame, I know) broccoli, thawed
-1/2 a diced roma tomato
-1 sliced green onion
-1/2 a jalapeno, diced
-a few sprouts of diced cilantro
-a flour tortilla
1) crack the two eggs into a cup or small bowl and beat them like a red headed step child for about 8 seconds and set aside. You can leave out the yolk if you prefer, but it will be less flavorful.
2) Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with olive oil spray and begin heating up the pan
3) Over medium heat, toss everything but the eggs and tortilla into the frying pan.
4) Stir continually until the onions start to become clear.
5) Reduce heat to low, stir in the eggs and cook to desired level of doneness. I actually just remove my pan from the heat and let the residual heat cook the egg until no longer runny. I just don’t like the smell of burning eggs and will go to great lengths to avoid that horrible stench from permeating my nostrils.
6) Heat the tortilla up – I just heat it up on both sides over the burner’s open flame until warm. You can do it in the oven, but it comes out a little slimy that way–and no one likes a slimy tortilla.
7) Plate the tortilla and pour the eggy goodness over it.
*For maximum tastebud satisfaction (this recipe is salt and butter free, after all), the dish must be served with Trigger’s Corny Guacamole.
I like to eat it with healthy sides, such as sliced tomatoes and a half ear of corn with lime and chili powder on it.