Things I Wish They Had Told Me
Published on August 8th, 2011 | by Demanda Riot0
First Year Things I Wish I Had Known: Demanda Riot
- Skates are in men’s sizes.
- Panty hose are not tights which are not leggings which are not sporty compression pants.
- Fishnet track burn does look more interesting than just plain track burn, but FUCK IT ALL and wear thicker bottoms.
- Hematomas are serious. Go to your doctor.
- Find a good Sports Doctor and Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Always, always do your PT. It’s like extra training. And show your teammates.
- A personal trainer ≠ athletic trainer.
- Change socks before practice.
- Always take the stairs.
- Squat pee in public restrooms.
- Invest in a custom mouthguard.
- Get fitted for a boot. Even if you purchase used. Make sure it’s the right size.
- Always outskate your equipment. It doesn’t make you. You use it.
- Always skate like you mean it.
- Commit to yourself/ your team/ the process of learning.
- Watch roller derby.
- Pick up scrimmages are RAD.
- TAKE ALL FORMS OF FEEDBACK. Don’t take it personally.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Demanda Riot (see all)
- First Year Things I Wish I Had Known: Demanda Riot - August 8, 2011